On a separate Word document, cut and paste the three examples you find. Remember that you are trying to find sexual imagery that will not be seen consciously by most viewers, not just sexually provocative ads.
With each image that you submit, add the following information:
1. What in the picture represents subliminal embeds?
2. What is the subtext, the implied message that the advertiser intended?
3. Explain how you believe the advertiser thought this subliminal embed would sell more of a product or commodity.
On the same Word document, after the task above and write a short essay of 750-1000 words that contains:
1. A statement about whether you believe subliminal advertising exists and impacts consumers, that is, the mind of the viewer must repress material consciously and yet be strongly influenced to buy a product. Is this possible?
2. In answering, use at least four scholarly journal articles or book chapters, and cite these sources carefully. Consult the APA document in the resources section of this course. Develop a scholarly position of your own by citing the relevant evidence and arguments both pro and con.