Complete the practice labs provided in the Virtual Resource: Hands-On Labs activity for this unit.
Health Systems, Inc., the regional hospital that you worked with in the Unit 1 assignment, has hired you to create a design document about how to build remote access to their organization. For this assignment, you will explain how to design the LAN at a remote branch site and discuss how it will interconnect through a WAN to the main Health Systems hospital site.
Use Visio to create a diagram for your project. You may access Visio via the Toolwire Resources in this unit. Include the following in your diagram:
- Display the basic LAN and WAN topology for your remote sites.
- Display router and switch placement.
- Display computers and workstations.
After creating your diagram, write a paper in which you complete the following:
- Describe your diagram. Include specifications about the topologies, cabling, routers, and switches.
- Provide an analysis of your diagram. Explain the role that the devices on your network play in network communication.
- Support your diagram. Provide reasoning for choosing the switching and routing, transmission media, and topology.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: If you use sources, ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the Network Design Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this Assignment.