- Develop a 8-page marketing mix project using the 7 “P”s of marketing and the 5 “S”s of digital marketing models for a provided scenario or for a selected company.
This portfolio work project, a marketing mix project, will help you demonstrate competency in developing the elements of the marketing mix using the 7 “P”s of marketing and the 5 “S”s of digital marketing models. This project will also allow you to demonstrate your understanding of how the marketing mix influences customer loyalty.
For this assessment, choose either Option 1 or Option 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the Requirements below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are an owner of Spokin’ Wheels, a locally owned bicycle shop with two locations. While your original location has been in business for several years, your second location has only been open a few months. The bicycle shops sell new and previously owned major brand bicycles. The shops also provide repairs, offer a small line of bicycle accessories and clothing, and organize group rides on Sunday mornings. You and your business partner both want to have a solid understanding of the marketing mix before creating a broader marketing plan.
Use a firm or scenario of your choosing. Before choosing a company, read the assessment requirements thoroughly to ensure:
- The company fits the assessment requirements.
- You can complete your assessment without disclosing confidential company information.
- Contact faculty with questions.
You are one of two owners of Spokin’ Wheels. Your background is primarily in marketing. Your business partner’s background is in operations. While she is focused on making the internal customer-facing processes as efficient as possible, you are working on defining the marketing mix.
Your boss, a director, has tasked you with a marketing mix project. He is relying on you to prepare an analysis that can be presented to the executive team of the company.
Include the following in your marketing mix project:
- Create a marketing mix for the selected company. Use the 7 “P”s of a marketing framework and include the following for each:
- Describe your company’s strategy for each “P.”
- Describe the tactics your company will use to implement the strategy for each “P.”
- Analyze the specific steps your company will need to take to implement each tactic.
- Create a digital marketing mix for the selected company. Use the 5 “S”s of a digital marketing framework and include the following for each:
- Describe your company’s strategy for each “S.”
- Describe the tactics your company will use to implement the strategy for each “S.”
- Develop at least two specific and measurable objectives for each “S”.
- Articulate how each objective will be measured.
- Use data to support the marketing and digital marketing mix decisions for the selected company. Ensure the data used in your decision making is relevant and appropriate.
- Analyze which marketing mix and digital marketing mix elements will have the greatest impact on customer loyalty. Why?
- Deliverable Format
- The marketing mix project must be at least 8 pages in length, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Related company standards:
- The marketing mix project is a professional document and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines (available in the MBA Program Resources), including single-spaced paragraphs.
- Include at least two properly cited visual elements (for example, a table, figure, or picture).
- Use at least six scholarly or academic sources, where applicable, one of which must come from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, or MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Use APA format for references.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze how marketing theories and models inform marketing strategies in the interactive marketplace.
- Create a marketing mix for the selected company.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how digital marketing tactics contribute to business outcomes.
- Create a digital marketing mix for the selected company.
- Competency 3: Evaluate the impact of relevant data on digital marketing strategies and techniques that support organizational outcomes.
- Use data to support the marketing and digital marketing mix decisions for the selected company.
- Competency 4: Analyze how social media can be leveraged to drive awareness, customer relationships, and customer loyalty.
- Analyze which marketing mix and digital marketing mix elements will have the greatest impact on customer loyalty.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
- Faculty will provide feedback as if they were the recipient of your deliverable in the workplace, using the scoring guide. Refer to the assessment scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for before submission.
This portfolio work project demonstrates your competency in applying knowledge and skills required of a MBA learner in the workplace. Save this activity to your ePortfolio for future reference in the workplace.