Health Information Management 230: Classification Systems II
Write a 4 page paper on the electronic applications of clinical coding.
- Describe the use and function of computer assisted coding systems (CAC).
- Discuss the function of encoders.
- Compare the similarities and differences in the coding process with paper/manual systems versus electronic systems. Be sure to outline key advantages and drawbacks of each.
- Create a flowchart or diagram on the step-by-step coding process both the paper and electronic coding process
- Explain the application of the systems development cycle in the implementation of electronic applications, such as encoders and CACs.
- Provide an example of how SDLC can be used in the decision-making process to implement an encoder or CAC.
Please include Cover page, Paper (4 pages of content), and Reference page