Creating an Educational Game or Activity 5 points
Assignment: You have been assigned the task of creating a board game that will help students review skills they need to know for an assigned educational area.
Requirements: Using a file folder, colored paper, colored pencils, markers, and any other objects that you see as appropriate, create a game board. Put the name of your game on the tab of the folder and decorate the inside so that it is a game board. Make it neat, colorful, interesting, and creative!
The purpose of this activity is to help you develop “tools” for your “teacher toolkit” that you can use in your role as an educator.
1. Make your game board neat, colorful, interesting, and creative!
2. Create at least 25 questions and answers for your game that relate to what you are trying to teach. The questions must be somehow incorporated into playing the game.
3. Relate the format and purpose of your game or activity. Example: the game board is in the shape of a castle or the purpose is to escape the evil grandmother in the story of Snow White.
4. Write directions for your game that would make it perfectly clear how to play the game.
5. Make sure the content and difficulty of your game are appropriate for your novel and more advanced classmates’ abilities.
1 pt. – Design &
1 pt. – Questions
1 pt.- Format and Purpose
1 pt. – Directions
1 pt. – Content and Difficulty
Everything is neatly created and directions were followed completely.
There are 25 questions and answers, and they are well incorporated into the game
The purpose of the game relates directly to the academic area being covered.
Directions make it
perfectly clear how to
play the game. They are
neatly typed with minimal
Questions and rules of play are of an appropriate level- for a variety of learners.