Early Childhood Parent Handout
Throughout this course, you have been creating a series of parent handouts focused on the various ages and stages of development. During this final week of class, you will create your final parent handout focused on the early childhood period of development. In your final reflection, you will draw upon the knowledge you have gained throughout the course to reflect on the course learning outcomes.
For your assignment, complete the following:
- After reviewing the feedback from your instructor and considering additional information you have learned throughout the course, revise the handouts you created in Weeks 1–4.
Additionally, using the Week 5 portion of the template, complete the following:
- Discuss what resilience is and the important role it plays in social-emotional growth during early childhood.
- Explain how positive parenting supports social-emotional growth during early childhood.
- Describe how you will utilize brain breaks in your learning environment to support cognitive and social-emotional needs in early childhood.
- Explain three resources for families to support them during the early childhood stage (ages 6-8) of development. Be sure to include a link to each resource.
- One resource should be a quick read for families on the go.
- One resource should be more detailed for families who want to learn more.
- One resource should be user-friendly for diverse families (ELL, single parents, grandparents raising grandchildren, etc.).
Reflection (on children birth – 8 years):
- Describe your role in helping families to understand the various influences on child development.
- Discuss how developmental theories provide the foundation for early learning, growth, and development.
- Explain, using an example, how you will ensure you are implementing developmentally appropriate practice to foster growth and development.
- Summarize how you will ensure your learning environment nurtures the physical, socio-emotional, and cognitive growth of diverse learners.
- Explain how you revised your handouts from Weeks 1–4 based on your instructor’s feedback and additional information you have learned throughout the course.
The Early Childhood Parent Handout project
- Must be three pages in length and formatted according to template. Your complete submission should include all pages of the handout you have completed throughout the entire course.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least ten scholarly sources in addition to the course text. These scholarly resources should be different than the resources provided for families. Must follow APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center.